Make your own free website on Tripod.com
** P O R K **

There are sufficient reasons for Pork being prohibited for human consumption.

a. This animal carries the cysts that cause Elephantiasis, a common disease where the legs & prostate are swollen.
b. Cysts are not destroyed even upon cooking, but get dissolved by the digestive system. This leads to the parasite becoming activated and attacking the lymphatic system of humans.
c. The medical sciences find that there is a risk for various diseases as the pig is found to be a host for many parasites and potential diseases.
d. The medical sciences find that there is a risk of no less than seventy different types of diseases. A person can get various helminthes like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous ones is tapeworm, which can reach almost all the organs of the body and can cause memory loss, heart attack, blindness, and liver damage.
e. Blood contains toxic substance known as uric acid and 98% of it is extracted from the blood and is excreted by the kidneys and removed through urination. The pig's biochemistry excretes only 2% of its total uric acid content and the remaining 98% is retained as an integral part of the body resulting in the high rate of Rheumatism found in those who consume pork. It could be inflammation or pain in muscles, joints, or fibrous tissue.
f. It has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat, which gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack.
g. Pig is one of the filthiest animals on the earth because it lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt.
h. Bible prohibits the consumption of pig, it says:
“And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you“ verse 7 “Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you” verse 8
[Leviticus chapter 11 verse 7& 8]

References:
1. http://bible.whitinger.net/t/101/
2. http://www.agsconsulting.com/htdbv5/htdb0003.htm
3. http://www.blueletterbible.org/search.html#verse

There are sufficient medical reasons for making the consumption of pork unclean and un-advisable for human consumption. But whatever the reasons may be, it remains haram & prohibited for human consumption because Quran says so at number of places; Quraan: 2: 173, 5:3, 6:145 and 16:115.

“Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah." [Holy Quran 5:3]

Allah ever speaks for the benefit for the mankind. It is always the man who disobeys Allah swt and cultivates problems & misfortunes for himself.